nav pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Doing it Yourself" with help from The Internet

So, it seems like pretty much everything these days is either store bought or "DIY." I'm pretty sure things were the same way a few decades ago, but that doing it yourself was the norm. It seems that much of our society is going back to homemade/cooked/sewn/baked/painted/built/etc. and while I view DIY-ing as a very trendy thing, I also think it's a very cool thing.

Plus with the help of the internet (specifically Pinterest, of course!) nearly anyone can learn about and then make just about anything. You can customize a dresser, put in a handy-dandy drawer organizer made from Bristol board (the Canadian word for poster board), then make your own underwear to load it up with.

Not into home projects? No biggie. Maybe you'd like to find a fun craft to do with children!

No kids to craft with? All good, you're SURE to have someone in your home who eats food and when it comes to recipes the internet has got you covered, smothered, peppered, and then some.

If I ever get around to taking pictures in my home maybe I'll share some of my own "DIY" projects with you! Another thing I'm thinking about doing for this blog is a series of Before and After -- anything from projects to basic housework to food prep and more.


Do you use the internet to find inspiration, ideas, recipes, directions, and how-to's? What source or site is your favorite? I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. It would be awesome if you wrote down some of your recipes for casseroles and stuff you make up. I'm also interested in your cupcake recipes >.>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! We'll review it before posting it.